Things you can do - endometriosis
How to manage with Endometriosis
Endometriosis is treatable but not curable. While seeking medical care is always the primary course of action here are some pain management and inflammation reducing techniques that have been known to be effective in conjunction with your health care plan that I have personally found helpful:
- Using a heating pad or hot water bottle on your lower abdomen or back
- Make changes to your lifestyle; such as diet and getting exercise
- Drink lots of water and herbal teas to flush out toxins
- Taking a hot bath with epsom salts
- Doing relaxation techniques, including yoga meditation and my personal favourite yoga nidra.
- Seek complementary forms of therapy such as pelvic floor physiotherapy, functional medicine, hormone therapy, naturopaths, and acupuncture.
- Explore mayan, arvigo massage as well as castor oil packs and vaginal steaming
- Wear supportive comfortable underwear that use natural fabrics in the gusset.