EDUCATE YOURSELF - ENDOMETRIOSIS
Other ways to take back your power is to educate yourself on what works for you. There is no one pill that fits all solutions, our health is a very individualized approach. Ways you can continue to champion your health are as follows:
- Advocating for yourself by reminding yourself YOU are the expert of your body
- Get second opinions especially if the response doesn’t feel right
- Join a group with other people for their feedback on Doctors and quality of care as well as help to make your voice heard.
- Ask for a copy of all your records and keep them in a binder or digitally
- Educate yourself on what works best for you.
Finally, find support wherever you can, friends, family and those living with endometriosis can be your biggest champions when you are too exhausted to look out for you - Community support is equally as important as self-care. A special thank you to my 12 year old Lorenna, who purchased this hot water bottle for me for christmas. As we’ve all learned over the past two years nothing is more important than our health.