Folding underwear can seem like a mundane task that we don't really think about. Getting to fold our laundry is challenging enough, but getting into the habit of folding your underwear can save your wardrobe space when everything isn't jammed in one drawer.
It can also save you time and give you peace of mind when you're looking for that perfect foundation for your next outfit. When everything is organized, it's easier to find what you're looking for so you're not scrambling to find a pair while you're rushing to go out and that "sparks joy."
When we polled our community folding in a square or rolling it were the two most popular ways but our favourite way to fold is the pocket method. This method prevents the underwear from unfolding easily even if it's dropped or tossed.
Here are a few simple steps to help you fold your underwear:
- Start by laying the underwear out flat face down.
- Fold one side of the underwear over to the middle.
- Then fold the other side over to meet the middle.
- Fold the top of the underwear towards the center.
- Finally, fold the bottom of the underwear (the gusset into the waistband).
And there you have it! Folding underwear can be easy. With just a few simple steps, you can have neatly folded aesthetically please drawer like a fancy boutique in no time!